How do we use social media for my business? Should we be on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn simultaneously? Is there a top-to-bottom approach that works better than the rest? The answer, unfortunately, is no. Not really. It is all down to you, the business owner, and your resources.
Social media can be complex, but it doesn’t have to be intimidating. Our articles have been created to help you get started in a friendly and informative way. What are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
Importance of engagement on social media
Engagement is more than just the number of followers or likes you have. Engagement is how people interact with your content; it’s how they respond to what you post and how they interact with each other in the comments. Engagement means there’s an active group of people who are interested in what you have to say. The more engaged your audience is, the more likely you will be able to build a community around your brand, grow your following, and drive sales and traffic to your site.
For small business owners, getting more engagement on their social media pages means more exposure for themselves and their businesses. Engaging people on their page effectively allow them to share their brand with people who may have never heard about them otherwise.
To increase engagement for your business on social media, you must start by understanding who your audience is before you try and make yourself look better by posting an image with a bunch of emojis and hashtags. It’s important to realize that not all groups use social media the same way.
Doing a good job at social media engagement takes time, plenty of research about your audience, and lots of creativity. The best thing about engagement on social media is that it can be anything you want; it doesn’t always have to be about selling your product or services. It can also be about building a reputation for yourself as an expert in your industry or as someone who provides customer support and information. Building relationships is critical here—you should never forget that social media is all about connecting with people!
Ten questions to ask your customers on social media.
Below are ten questions that you should be asking your customers directly. When answering it, ensure that you respond in a factual tone and not promote your products.
- What is something you wish you were better at?
- If you could travel to the future or the past, what would you pick and why?
- What’s your secret talent?
- Are you a minimalist or a collector of shiny objects?
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- What are you looking forward to this week/month/year?
- What three things can you not live without?
- What’s your opinion on (article/discussion related to your customers’ interests)
- If you could choose only one season to live in, which would it be and why?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
Social media is a pervasive part of our lives; it affects every industry, from entertainment to politics. But there are some things to keep in mind when using social media.
1. Be consistent across all platforms. If you have a Facebook page, make sure you have a Twitter account and post updates to both. It’s also helpful to use similar fonts and color schemes on both platforms, so that followers who are interested in one can find you on the other.
2. Engage with your followers and fans, even if they aren’t talking to you directly. This is one of the most critical aspects of social media: listening! Find out what your customers want, their problems, and how they prefer to be communicated.
3. Remember mobile! 98.3% of people use their mobile devices to access Facebook. Ensure you get your updates by directing them only to your desktop site.
4. Don’t spam people! You’ll lose followers quickly if you post too much or get annoyed with advertisements and sales pitches.
5. Try using hashtags for Twitter or tagging for Facebook so that people searching for something specific can easily find you and follow you if they’re interested in what you have to say
Share your voice
Ask your customers the right questions and learn from their answers, which can only lead to more sales—those who don’t do this miss out on a valuable opportunity to improve their business. Connect with us to know more!