Early life and education
– Jill Whalen grew up in Framingham, Massachusetts.
– She graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
– She obtained a degree in sociology.
– Whalen started a chat room for parents.
– The chat room became popular with other parents.
– She taught herself how to set up websites based on keywords.
– In 1998, she talked about her company Web Whiz.
– By 2007, her company was providing services to improve websites and rankings.
– Whalen founded the search engine optimization company High Rankings.
– She served clients including the Discovery Channel, Proctor & Gamble, and Geico.
– She was interviewed for the 2017 movie ‘SEO: The Movie’.
– Whalen described optimizing search as a means to improve marketing.
– She discussed negotiating terms in contracts and improving websites.
Retirement and family life
– Whalen announced her retirement from search engine optimization in 2013.
– She lives in Ashland, Massachusetts with her husband and three children.
– Wendy Boswell listed High Rankings as one of the top ten SEO forums.
– The Wall Street Journal featured an article on Whalen’s search engine game.
– Inc.com mentioned her company’s services in an article.
– Clickz.com highlighted her writing and ranking for search engines.
– Search Engine Land debunked the duplicate content penalty myth.
|University of Massachusetts Amherst
Whalen was the CEO of High Rankings, and co-founded Search Engine Marketing New England. She was a regular speaker at Search Engine Strategies Conferences. High Rankings included a top-rated SEO discussion forum.
Whalen has been quoted as an authority by major publications including The Wall Street Journal, and Inc. She has also written search engine optimization articles for business websites including ClickZ and Search Engine Land, and her work on search engines is shared in marketing programs focused on attracting new clients.
1912 NW 143rd Ave #24,
Portland, OR 97229, USA